When you start the journey of optimising your website with the best practices of SEO. You have to come across from Ahrefs and Moz as they are the leading tools for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Now, many marketers and businesses get confused about what tool would be the best for our SEO optimisations. Today, I am going to share my experience with both tools and I am sure it will help you to get a basic understanding of them.
You will also find some answers on:
Why is my DA lower than DR?
Why does the Moz keyword search volume differ from Ahrefs?
Before answering these questions, I’d like to explain a little bit about DA and DR.
DA – Domain Authority is a metric from the Moz SEO tool that gives a score to the websites on the scale of 0-100.
Example: If you have a new website with 0 backlinks then your score will be 0 by default.
DR – Domain Ranking is a metric from the Ahrefs tool and uses the same score from the scale of 0-100.
Other tools like Semrush and Ubersuggest named it Authority Score and Domain Score. All of them are rating your website domain strength and popularity of your domain.
Let’s jump into these tools now!
Moz or Moz Pro
Moz Pro is a full-fledged SEO toolkit for marketers and businesses. You can do all things related to SEO like complete site audit, site traffic, keyword research, backlink analysis and much more.
Here are some great stuff you can do with the MOZ.
- Work on the health score and improve tech SEO as per the Moz guidelines.
- Check out the competitors’ website – audit and analyse their performance.
- Analyse mobile and desktop visibility of your website.
- Keyword research, track and download keyword lists.
- Analyse link building and find link opportunities by researching the competitor’s link profile.
- Track rankings and organic visits of your website or competitors site.
- Analyse and improve the complete SEO strategy.
There are also some cons to consider before you decide to signup the tool
- You will get fewer features as compared to the other tools like Ahrefs and Semrush.
- Backlinks update is slower than other tools.
- The user interface is difficult for beginners.
- Site crawling limits.
- Difficult reporting functionality.
- Data is not frequently updated.
Now here is the answer to your question: Why is my DA lower than DR?
Ideally, it is because their bots are slower than other tools and that is the reason at times you can find your DA lower than DR.
The next question is Why Moz keyword search volume differs from Ahrefs?
Search volume always differs from one tool to another. It doesn’t only differ from Ahrefs, even it could differ from Semrush keyword volume and Ubersuggest as well. Search volume should not bother you too much. For example, If the Keyword has 1000 volume on Moz and 700 on Ahrefs then you need to ensure that you also check another important factor like keyword difficulty level. If the level is low then overall it is a good keyword to focus on.
Moz provides a one-month FREE trial to everyone so that you can enjoy the tool fullest.
Ahrefs is a famous toolset for SEO analysis and you can analyse different aspects of SEO. It has replaced several other tools and has become an important tool for SEO businesses. It gives you ideas for content analysis and link building. You can also export any data to analyse further on your end. You can convert data into graphs and various charts for visual representation.
Ahrefs also lets you do a complete site audit where you can find important and updated information on site traffic, keyword volume and backlink analysis.
Check out some great stuff you can do inside the tool:
- Analyse overall website rank and page authority.
- Analyse backlinks – Both quality and quantity.
- Track acquire and drop in traffic and organic keywords.
- Analyse the competitors’ pages.
- Check referring domains of your competitors – On Ahrefs they get updated in a day or two.
If you want to be accurate and successful with SEO you have to invest in the right tools that offer the features like organic keywords, tracking, page rankings, backlink analysis and much more. Moz Pro and Ahrefs are both great tools to get your back for SEO analysis but when it comes to updated results don’t even think too much to get a subscription on Ahrefs. At Marketing Lad, we have experience in SEO and If you find Ahrefs or Moz to be overwhelming, our experts will help you conduct link profile analysis and build backlinks to strengthen your domain rating.
Shahid Shahmiri is a digital marketer by profession. He helps online businesses to grow with smart marketing tactics to achieve better sales and leads. He is passionately focused and driven to grow businesses online and can manage the marketing and lead generation process with proven tactics and experiments. Shahid is accountable for analyzing marketing, SEO, growth and dealing with all promotional and media channels.