The last decade has seen an exponential boom of emerging start-ups, making the business universe even more competitive. As they say, to stay in business you have to become the business, modern age requires special techniques which will let you and your business stand out from the noise.
Generating Leads is one among those magic spells that will give your business an edge over those of the “Muggles”. Lead Generation is done to attract significant customer interest for your business’s productivity.
So should you follow the usual abused path of businesses that are on verge of extinction or save your dream by giving it a chance to rise to great heights?
Lead Generation Process
Now that we understand what lead generation entails, let’s walk through the steps of the lead generation process.
- It starts with a prospect discovering your business through one of your marketing channels, such as your website, blog, or social media page.
- The prospect then clicks on an image, button, or message that encourages website visitors to take some sort of action often referred to as your call-to-action (CTA).
- The visitor then reaches a landing page, which is a web page that is designed to capture lead information in exchange for an offer. This offer can be regarded as The high Value Content which is there to gather the personal info of the visitor in place of access.
- Once on the landing page, your visitor fills out a form in exchange for the offer. (Forms are typically hosted on landing pages, although they can technically be embedded anywhere on your site.) Voila! You have a new lead. That is, as long as you’re following lead-capture form best practices.
See how it all comes together?
In a nutshell: A target becomes a lead after they fill out a form to receive the high-value content through a well-defined path of CTAs and landing pages.
Now for starters, I give you 6 ideas to generate leads for your Business. These ideas can be applied by the general run of businesses and industries:
1. Optimize your web pages
As in football, you must convert the created chances, similarly if the generated traffic on a website is no good unless most of the subjects take the required action. You need to optimize your website persuasively. Typically lead generation involves capturing the email address, name, phone number of a prospect, these attributes can be your fishing line.
2. Facebook ads
Facebook has taken the industry by storm from influence to reach, firms to people, Facebook is everywhere. It’s one of the efficient ways to drive leads. Obviously, everything comes at a price but the question is whether it’s worth investing. I can tell you; it is!
You can approach customise targets based on age, interests and even location. You will know when, how and where to strike the iron.
Making successful ads can be a bit of a complex task for first-timers, But you can nail it by keeping in mind a few tricks of the trade. Below are a few of the golden rules:
- The Ad should be relatable to the subject. This is very effective in terms of attracting the attention of the target, any confusion can work against your interests.
- Instead of using the whites and blues, try using more vibrant and eye-catching colours as the former tends to blend in with Facebook’s branding.
- By using your list of imported customers, run your first ad based on a “lookalike audience,” to find similar Facebook users.
3. Freebies and Vouchers
Everyone loves discounts and coupons. They are like magnets, always attractive. Under the New customer coupon tagline, you can generate significant new leads. In a 2016 CouponBox survey, 75 per cent of retailers polled said this was the best coupon/discount for increasing long-term revenue. Once created sooner or later they give you the results. Obviously, you can’t be Santa and throw them down the chimney, you will need to share them using online platforms, emails or even social media. For that banners or pop-up ads work the best, keeping the marketing budget always in mind. A study by Experian found that personalized emails generated up to six times higher revenue than non-personalized emails and campaigns. This small touch can help you drive more leads while building brand loyalty with potential customers. Tracking success is also important so that you can improve, modify and drive more leads with each email.
4. High Value Content
Have you ever come across an ebook that you need for your project but can only get it by signing into the website?
You need to attach a picture to your presentation or report, but downloading it costs you your personal info. Well, we regard that as High-Value Content. This content is gated so that the potential prospect gives the needed information in exchange for access. To make it more effective, look for trending content or an important piece of information that you can use to your advantage.
5. Advance Technology
We cannot fight wars with an outdated arsenal. New technology is the difference between you controlling the trade and you being dependent on the market trend. Investing in advanced technological options will always aid in reaching maximum targets. For instance, smartphones can be referred to as on the go marketing channels, creating compatible ads, pop-ups and websites. This way you can make them see your business at any place and at any time.
Whether a large or a micro-business, Lead Generation is the quintessential requirement. The reason is simple: Revenue. The main goal is always to generate greater revenue. Every business needs investment and the greater the investment the better the opportunities. The more you understand your buyers, the more you will be able to target them with the right tools, at the right time. Lead generation is the fundamental point in an individual’s journey to become a customer of your business.
Shahid Shahmiri is a digital marketer by profession. He helps online businesses to grow with smart marketing tactics to achieve better sales and leads. He is passionately focused and driven to grow businesses online and can manage the marketing and lead generation process with proven tactics and experiments. Shahid is accountable for analyzing marketing, SEO, growth and dealing with all promotional and media channels.