From a general perspective, marketing is the practice of identifying and satisfying the needs of a customer. But now in this ever-growing era of digitalization, widespread and intense use of technology is being made in order to be a step ahead of the competition.
Since the exponential increase in online platform usage and accessibility, people consume content or information about a product or service online. All of it is just a click away, whether you are travelling or sitting in your office, you can know about it at any instant. This accessibility brought a new challenge and a need for an upgrade in marketing strategies for businesses and gave rise to Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing is basically the promotion of brands and products through digital platforms or channels online. Digital Marketing, a modern-day Zeus’s Thunderbolt, without it, it’s impossible to survive in this age of cutthroat competition. Let me explain why!
Why do companies need a Digital Marketing strategy?
Presently, screen time is at an all-time high, people spend most of their time on screens which makes them perfect for targeting. In Digital marketing we take advantage of this possibility in promoting products and services across the globe through the internet. From startups to enterprise businesses, a multifaceted digital marketing approach can lead to significant commercial benefits for that you need to build your online presence.
Now you would say, I have been doing good with conventional marketing tactics, why do I need a digital or online approach. Here are the main reasons that why A digital marketing strategy is essential:
Traditionally, expanding your reach in a new domain is difficult. What social media does, in simpler terms it helps you build a presence and become famous and we all know once you are a known brand you will sell like anything. Channels like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, help you interact with the audience without even breaking a sweat. These platforms essentially also give a visual sense of your business whether you own a restaurant or a book shop. It will help you attract people readily.
Can you tell me how many brands are out there? A lot! But how many do you remember? Only some and why is that. The credit goes to great marketing tactics employed by the brands and Digital Marketing being the principal one. Apart from this, it will also assist in building a brand reputation that will impact your sales.
I think you got an idea of what difference it can make. So next time when you buy anything online don’t forget to leave feedback.
Traditionally you couldn’t keep a tab on how your marketing strategy was pulling through and bringing in more revenue.
But digital marketing provides you with the flexibility to keep in check the number of ad campaigns run by your company. What is being looked at, read or bagged, all of it just by using analytics. Analytics reports just act as mark sheets, telling you where you can improve reach, impressions, sales and other marketing and sales KPIs.
Wondering why the next door John is enjoying his weekend in Bali? While you are here reading all the ways to make your business grow, he is already using them. He has created different social profiles, adapted his website for SEO and running paid adverts. Digital Marketing lets you compare and upgrade according to your competitors. Now if you neglect digital marketing you are already a step behind your competition let alone giving them a hard time challenging you.
Your competitors are gaining traffic that could be yours. People won’t know that your business is an option and will automatically choose a competitor.
To keep up with your competitors, you must invest in digital marketing, stalk your competitors and understand why they are good at sales.
How can you do it? That’s the real question. Well, with the right guidance it’s just as simple as it can get. This is where we come in, Marketing Lad is the place you need to stop by. Our experts are qualified digital marketers, they know how to deal with the market and create marketing funnels for brands. Coming back to the question, there are several methods for conducting digital marketing, that include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This is a technique of improving the standard and ranking of relevant searches within the major search engines to extend the quantity of website traffic. SEO is one of the major practices in digital marketing. For good results and gaining organic traffic, you need to optimise your website as per the search engines’ rules or guidelines. SEO requires consistency and patience.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): This includes the use of paid advertisements online to increase the occurrence of your website within search engines. For example, Google Ads.
- Pay Per Click(PPM): This is an interesting one, as in this technique you only pay for your ads when a possible target clicks on them.
- Social Media Marketing(SMM): Use of Social Media channels or services is the prime focus here. Also, the social media influencers are primarily reached out for this service, often referred to as Influencer marketing.
- Email Marketing: You can have direct interaction with customers by sending promotional content directly through emails. Usually, automated newsletters are used.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is a performance-based exercise that enables revenue sharing and pay-per-sale (PPS) compensation within a common network.
- Content Marketing: It is referred to as posting and dispersal of visual and auditory content online. This is usually achieved by writing blogs or podcasts and posting videos to engage customers.
- Mobile Advertising: Using mobile phones as portable marketing devices, Ads are tailored based on consumer tastes and/or browsing history using data mining and other information gathering techniques. For instance, based on the shopping habits or geographic location, apps like Facebook use this data to present certain ads which are in accordance with your search. It’s scary but eventually an effective marketing tactic.
Digital Marketing is a valuable asset for people of business sense. Strategic Business plans and integrated Digital Strategies will lead you and your business to new heights. The pandemic taught us that the world is changing and if you don’t inculcate the new trends you will become a relic! and trust me you don’t do that. Besides, it will always be beneficial, increasing your reach, market presence and finances.
Shahid Shahmiri is a digital marketer by profession. He helps online businesses to grow with smart marketing tactics to achieve better sales and leads. He is passionately focused and driven to grow businesses online and can manage the marketing and lead generation process with proven tactics and experiments. Shahid is accountable for analyzing marketing, SEO, growth and dealing with all promotional and media channels.